I'm a PhD student at the University of Hong Kong under the supervision of Prof. Bruno Oliveira. Broadly speaking, I'm interested in programming languages and software engineering. I received my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Technology from Chu Kochen Honors College of Zhejiang University in 2019. I was an exchange student at Tokyo Institute of Technology under the supervision of Prof. Hidehiko Masuhara in 2017.
During the undergraduate years, I was the founder of ZJU Apple Club and a member of ZJU Supercomputing Team. I led the development of Qiushichao Mobile for iOS, which has been the most popular campus app at Zhejiang University.
I graduated from Yangzhou High School of Jiangsu Province, which is also ex-president Jiang's alma mater.
My Chinese name is 「孫耀珠」. For your information, it reads 「ソンヨウジュ」 in Japanese and 「손요주」 in Korean.
Tokyo Institute of Technology
» Programming Research Group
Conducted research on object-oriented high performance computing and contributed to Ikra-Ruby, a Ruby Gem for array-based GPU computing, and Ikra-Cpp, a C++/CUDA EDSL for OOP with the structure-of-arrays memory layout.
- Matthias Springer, Yaozhu Sun, and Hidehiko Masuhara. Inner Array Inlining for Structure of Arrays Layout. In Proceedings of the 5th ACM SIGPLAN International Workshop on Libraries, Languages, and Compilers for Array Programming, co-located with PLDI. Philadelphia, USA, 19 June 2018.
Microsoft Research Asia
» Machine Learning Group » Research Intern
Apr 2019 - July 2019
» Compilers and Programming Languages Lab » Software Engineering Intern
July 2018 - Aug 2018
- First Prize, ASC Student Supercomputing Challenge, May 2018.
- Second Prize, Mobile Application Innovation Contest, China Collegiate Computing Contest, Sept 2016.
- Bronze Award in Parallel Optimization, Parallel Application Challenge, Nov 2015.
- First Prize in Jiangsu Province, National Olympiad in Informatics in Provinces , Dec 2012.
- Teaching Assistant, Programming Principle (21190650), Zhejiang University, Autumn 2018.
Research Student Center,
Ground Floor, Haking Wong Building,
The University of Hong Kong,
Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong